Apply To Stellenbosch University 2024-2025
Apply To Stellenbosch University 2024-2025; Stellenbosch university application portal
To apply to Stellenbosch University, you can follow these general steps on this webpage to apply.
It is important to keep in mind that the application procedure may change for students from other countries.
For more information, it is advised to visit Stellenbosch University’s international office website. Stellenbosch university application portal
Stellenbosch University Application Dates for 2024-2025
All applicants must take note of the following Stellenbosch University application key dates and deadlines for 2024-2025 in order to submit an online application on time.
- Applications for the 2024 intake will open on 1 April 2023 for undergraduate programs.
- Applications open for financial assistance at Stellenbosch University is 15 June 2023
- The closing date for undergraduate programs and residence applications is 31 July 2024
- Applications close for Stellenbosch University financial assistance on 30 November 2023
- Applications close for Diplomas in Public Accountability (School of Public Leadership ) on 26 January 2024
Stellenbosch university application portal
Stellenbosch University Online Application Fee 2024-2025
All applicants must pay a non-refundable online application fee of R100 during the application process. Online payment is the easiest and fastest way to pay your application fee. When you make an offline payment, you can submit your application and log in to your Applicant Portal to submit your proof of payment as soon as you have made the payment.
Please remember that international applicants as well as applicants for quantile 1 to 4 schools do not have to pay the online application fee. In case you have any financial challenges paying your R100 application fee, please send your motivation to the Contact and Client Service Centre at email@example.com.
How to Apply at Stellenbosch University Online Application Form 2024-2025
All prospective students who want to study at Stellenbosch University (SUN) for 2024 must apply online for admission on the official website. To Apply online at SUN 2024, follow the steps below
- Go to Stellenbosch University website: www.sun.ac.za/english/maties-2024
- Access the SUN Student portal: https://student.sun.ac.za
- Log into the applications page via the “Applicant” icon
- Choose the “Create a profile” link if you are a new applicant
- Then, select “New Application” and enter all the required details
- Click on the “Create” button after filling out the form with your details
- Once you have completed the “Create Your Profile” page and have clicked on the “Create button”, a successful message will appear.
- Then select the link to continue with your online application
- Enter the same email address and password details you provided on your Create Profile page
- Click on Programme Selection and then Add to select the program you would like to apply for on the application portal page
- Select the Faculty, Programme Type and Programme, and Year of studies and click on the Save button
- Click Personal Information and complete the outstanding details. Click Save and continue
- Then, click “Payment and agreement”. Select “I accept the Application Terms and Conditions” and click Submit Application for review
Stellenbosch University (SUN) Admission Requirements 2024-2025
Minimum academic requirements for a bachelor’s degree?
- South African Language of Learning and Teaching (English or Afrikaans) must be 30%
- An achievement rating of 4 (50% – 59%) in four 20-credit subjects.
- If you are applying for admission to undergraduate programs you must take the National Benchmark Test (NBT)
How do you calculate your National Senior Certificate average at Stellenbosch University?
- Highest score in Language of Learning and Teaching (Eng or Afr) + (5 x best results in 20-credit subjects excluding Life Orientation, Advanced Mathematics, Mathematics 3, and any other non-NSC subject s). The total is then divided by 6.
How do we assess Stellenbosch University’s international qualifications?
- Final school results from International Curriculum (Cambridge International, International Baccalaureate, etc.), including School of Tomorrow.
- For the minimum requirements for international curriculums visit www.sun.ac.za. (A-levels, AS-levels, IB diploma, and GCSE/IGCSE/O-levels)
- Meet further requirements specific to the program (s) of your choice as set out in the program outlines under the various faculties.
- All those who are applying for admission to undergraduate programs of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences must register for and write the Situational Judgement Test.
Required Documents for Stellenbosch University Online Application 2024-2025
Applicants who wish to study at Stellenbosch University must provide the following supporting documents during the online application process:
- Certified copy of your National ID
- Your Final school-leaving results
- Certified copy of your valid passport
- Proof of valid South African medical cover
- A Proof of registration if applicable
- A Full academic transcript for each academic year completed, including grades
- South African students must have Final Grade 11 assessment results as per the Department of Education guidelines.
- International students should provide Grade 11 results (pre-final) and final-year school subjects with levels.
- South African students should have a National Senior Certificate (NSC) or IEB/Statement of symbols of final school results.
- International applicants must provide Final school results from the International Curriculum (Cambridge International, International Baccalaureate, etc.), including School of Tomorrow.
For more details, click HERE