Apply UCT 2024-2025
Apply UCT 2024-2025
The UCT is a prominent institution known for its academic excellence and research achievements. UCT offers a diverse range of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes across various fields. Applying to UCT is a highly approved opportunity for students from around the world striving to further their education at one of Africa’s top universities. Whether you are a local or foreign student, applying to UCT provides you with a one-of-a-kind opportunity to join a varied and lively community of academics, researchers, and thinkers.
The UCT application procedure is intended to be simple and fast, with all required information and documents given to facilitate a smooth and successful application process. Applying to UCT requires an online application via the official website of the institution. Download the online application form from the official website, complete it a submit it to apply.
UCT Admission Requirements
Undergraduate Diploma Study
- a National Senior Certificate (NSC) as certified by Umalusi with an achievement rating of 3 (Moderate Achievement, 40-49%) or better in 4 recognised NSC 20-credit subjects.
Bachelor’s Degree Study
- a South African National Senior Certificate (NSC) need to pass a minimum of 4 subjects at a rating of 4 (Adequate Achievement, 50-59%) or better in any four 20-credit NSC subjects.
- a South African Senior Certificate needs matriculation endorsement.
- non-South African school-leaving certificates must qualify for a matriculation exemption certificate.
Minimum language proficiency
South African Senior Certificate undergraduate applicants
- South African Senior Certificate undergraduate applicants to UCT must have achieved a pass of 40% or more on the Higher Grade in English (First or Second Language) at the Senior Certificate level.
- South African NSC undergraduate applicants to UCT, must have achieved a rating of 2 (Elementary Achievement, 30-40%) or better at the Home Language or First Additional Language level.
UCT Online Application Required Documents
- Contact details
- An application fee
- Secondary school details
- Post-school activities
- Tertiary education details
- Housing application
- Funding application
- Parent/guardian and fee-payer details
- examination results from Grade 11 until September of grade 12
- Transferring students should submit all transcripts and academic records
READ: UCT Application Dates
How To Apply To UCT
- visit the UCT website via www.uct.ac.za
- Select the “Apply to UCT” page.
- Download the online application form
- Complete the online application form with the required information
- Upload certified copies of supportive documents such as; academic transcripts, a copy of your ID or passport, proof of payment of the application fee etc.
- Submit the completed application form along with supportive documents.
UCT Online Registration
UCT’s online registration portal opens a few weeks after the application portal has been closed. The registration portal opens for selected applicants to register for their courses and various programs online
UCT Online RegistrationProcedure
- Go to the official website of UCT
- Locate the student portal
- Sign in using your credential; student number and PIN
- Select the registration option
- Complete your registration and upload required documentation proof of payment, ID or passport copies, and academic transcripts or certificates.
- Pay your non-refundable registration fee
- Completing the online registration process and printing a copy of your registration confirmation for future reference.
Visit the official website of UCT for more information. Hope the provided information is helpful, kindly leave a comment in the comment section.