Does UWC Have NSFAS?
Does UWC Have NSFAS? Are you a University of Western Cape student interested in applying for NSFAS but unsure if the program will support you? If yes then continue reading through this article to know more.
NSFAS has an open application portal for all South African public universities and Tvet colleges to apply online for the bursary. NSFAS online application for the 2024-2025 academic year will run for four months starting from, 3 August until the closing date of 30 November. Therefore all applicants who would like to apply for NSFAS online should create an account to be able to apply for the funding. Applicants can follow the instructions below to apply for the Nsfas funding if they meet their application requirements.
Who qualifies for UWC NSFAS Application 2024-2025?
- All South African citizens
- All SASSA grant recipients qualify for funding
- Applicants whose combined household income is not more than R350 000 per annum
- A person with a disability: Combined household income must not be more than R600 000 per annum
- Students who started studying before 2018 and whose household income is not more than R122 000 per annum.
REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS DURING THE UWC 2024-2025 NSFAS APPLICATION PROCESS
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) will require more information from you in order to process your application, so you need to provide the following supporting documents to make sure that your application is successful.
- Provide your own cellphone number and email address
- You must have a copy of your ID or birth certificate
- National ID copies of parents, guardians, or spouse
- The evidence of your income or 1 year’s IRP5 if necessary
- The proof of income of your parents, guardian, or spouse.
- If you are a SASSA grant recipient, you don’t need to provide any evidence of income.
- All Applicants with a disability should provide and submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form
- An applicant who is known as a Vulnerable Child by the Department of Social Development should also provide a completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form.
How to Apply for UWC NSFAS Application 2024-2025
You can fill out the NSFAS Online Application for 2024 on your computer, iPad, or any other smartphone. Make sure you have all of your supporting documentation and that you are eligible to apply before applying online. Continue the online application procedure if you meet the NSFAS Application criteria for 2024. Follow the steps below to get started:
- Visit the NSFAS Application website: www.nsfas.org.za
- Then, you click on the ‘myNSFAS’ tab
- Create a myNSFAS account.
- Click on the ‘APPLY’ tab
- Update your personal information
- Answer the questions you see on the screen
- Upload all the required supporting documents
- Finally, you click on ‘submit
NSFAS Contact Details
For all other queries regarding students:
Tel No.: 08000 67327
For more information on the UWC NSFAS click here. We do hope this article was helpful. You can ask your question in the comment section.