How Can I Get Admission In UWC?
How Can I Get Admission In UWC? The University of the Western Cape (UWC) is a prestigious public university located in Cape Town, South Africa. It offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various fields, including arts, business, law, education, science, and health sciences.
Getting admission to UWC requires meeting specific requirements, including academic qualifications, English proficiency, and other criteria. In this response, we will provide you with some basic information on how to get admission to the University of the Western Cape. How Can I Get Admission In UWC?
University of Western Cape Online Application 2024 Opening Date:
UWC Online Application system for 2024 will be active on 1st May 2023 for all programmes
University of Western Cape Online Application 2024 Closing Date
- Undergraduate applications for 2024 will close on 30 September 2023
- Bachelor of Dentistry and Oral Health as well as School of Government postgraduate degree applications close on 31 August 2023.
- BA Honours Sports Recreation and Exercise Science, BA Honours in Biokinetics and BSC Honours Biokinetics close on 31 July 2023.
- All other applicants will receive an outcome or results by the end of November 2023
- Those awaiting final results for 2023 will receive final outcomes in January 2024
NOTE: NO LATE APPLICATIONS OR WALK-INS WILL BE ACCEPTED. NO REQUEST FOR A CHANGE OF PROGRAMME WILL BE ALLOWED OR ACCEPTED. SELECTION DECISIONS ARE FINAL. Applicants must make sure they apply on time before the application deadline.
The University of Western Cape 2024-2025 Online Application Fee
There is NO application fee to apply.
In order for your application to be considered COMPLETE you must successfully complete the online application form as well as submit all required documentation.
The University of Western Cape 2024-2025 Online Application Requirements
If you have written the NSC examination already, you need to submit the following:
- Certified copy of your NSC certificate or Senior Certificate
- Certified copy of your identification document
- Proof of any studies with academic records, if applicable, you may have completed
- If applicable, proof that you are currently improving your NSC results
- In an affidavit a brief description of activities post-matric/NSC
For applicants who are re-writing Grade 12 subjects, applications will be processed on the current grade 12 results. If Grade 12 has been written more than once then your combined results must be submitted with your application.
If you are applying from another institution of higher learning you need to submit certified copies of the following:
- NSC Certificate or Senior Certificate
- Identification document
- Certificate of good conduct from your institution
- Official Academic Transcript
- Module content / Yearbook descriptor from your institution for all modules completed
- Degree certificate (if applicable)
Students applying for readmission to UWC
If you have studied at UWC previously and have taken a break from study, you need to provide a letter of motivation to be considered for readmission to your respective faculty
- You need to submit your final school results to Universities South Africa (USAf) for an evaluation
- Application for Exemption is to be done with Universities South Africa (USAf) formerly Higher Education South Africa (HESA) using the following link: https://mbit-application.usaf.ac.za/assessment/
- We unfortunately will not be able to respond to your application until you submit a confirmation letter issued by USAf stating that you qualify to study at a South African University
- Certified copy of your passport
Post Graduate students
- Certified copy of identification document
- Certified copy of Passport (International Applicants only)
- Official Academic Transcripts/record of results (All applicants)
- Certified copies of degree certificates (All applicants)
- SAQA Evaluation Certificate (International Applicants only)
- Short Curriculum Vitae (CV) (All applicants)
- One-page letter of motivation (All applicants)
- Short research intention (Master and Doctoral applicants only)
Important Information Before Applying To Western Cape University
- Applicants must have a valid email address in order to apply online. All communication from the University in regard to your application will be sent via email. Should you not have a valid email address you can create an email account using Gmail, Yahoo Mail, or any other email provider you may prefer.
- If you are a person with a disability, please ensure that you have completed that section fully in the online form to allow us to make contact with you regarding your support needs. Should you have any queries related to disability support at the University contact the Office for Students with Disabilities at email@example.com or at +27 21 959 4170.
- Please also note that there is no separate application form for accommodation, if you responded YES to the question for University accommodation, you have applied. Residence placement is limited and not all applicants can be accommodated. Selection will only be done from those applicants who are made offers of study by the University based on placement criteria and availability of space (not all applicants who have been made an offer to study can be accommodated). For any residence inquiries, you can contact +27 21 959 2569 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How To Apply To the University of Western Cape 2024-2025 Online Application
To Apply Online at UWC for 2024, follow the step-by-step procedure below:
- Go to the UWC website: www.uwc.ac.za apply for 2024
- Click on the “Apply Now” tab at the top menu of the page
- Read the application information very carefully before you proceed
- Then, Click on “Applying to UWC” and click “Apply Online”
- This takes you to the “UWC Student Portal”. Read all details very carefully
- If you are applying for the first time, click “New Application”
- If you are returning to complete or correct your application, click “Edit Application”
- When you click “New Application”, you will be required to accept or decline UWC terms
- Then, click on the “Accept terms” button to move to the next step of the application process
- Complete the online application form by entering your “Application Details”
- If you are UWC Student, enter your student number to proceed
- After providing all the requested details, click on the “Submit” button to send your application for review
UWC Contact Details
University of the Western Cape
Robert Sobukwe Road
Republic of South Africa
University of the Western Cape
Private Bag X17
Republic of South Africa
For more information on the University Of Western Cape click here. We do hope this article was helpful. You can ask your question in the comment section.