How Do I Apply for WITS 2024
How can I apply for Wits 2024, University of Witwatersrand Online Application 2024-2025
University of Witwatersrand (WITS) online application will be available from 1 March 2023 until 30 September 2023. As a result, potential applicants who wish to enrol at WITS University for the 2024–2025 academic year must submit an online application through the 2024 portal at www.wits.ac.za before the deadline. Apply as soon as the application window begins, but keep in mind that WITS University will not accept any late applications for 2024. WITS University provides a variety of short courses, part-time and online programs, undergraduate and graduate degrees, and diplomas. Details are provided below.
WITS Online Application Opening 2024-2025
The University of the Witwatersrand (WITS) Applications for 2024 will commence on1 March 2023 for all courses.
WITSClosing datesfor 2024
- Faculty of Health Sciences (all programmes); Bachelor of Architecture; Bachelor of Audiology, Bachelor of Speech-Language Pathology; BA Film and TV close on30 June 2023
- All other University programmes close on30 September 2023
- Residence applications:30 September 2023
- WITS requires the NBT to be written by13 August 2023
WITS University Application Fee 2024-2025
For foreign applicants who want to enrol at WITS University for the 2024 academic term, the online application fee is R700; it is R100 for South African residents. R200 is the application fee for foreign students and postgraduate South Africans. Prior to the deadlines, payments must be collected. Please be informed that your application fee is non-refundable, regardless of whether you decide not to enrol at WITS University or whether you do not meet the entrance requirements for admission to the degree program you wish to pursue.
WITS Admission Point Score
Rating Code Rating Percentage
5 Outstanding 80 – 100
4 Highly competent 70 – 79
3 Competent 50 – 69
2 Not yet competent 40 – 49
1 Not achieved 0 – 39
How Do I Apply for WITS 2024
WITS University Online Application for 2024 is very simple to go by. Follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to www.wits.ac.za to access the WITS webpage.
- In the page’s main menu, select the “Study at Wits” tab.
- Select your preferred level of education (undergraduate or graduate).
- To access the web registration portal, click the “Apply Online” link.
- Start the online registration with your WITS Temporary ID if you are a new applicant and do not already have one.
- Sign in to your account by providing your temporary ID and the password you made.
- Complete the online application form with the required information.
Fill out and send in your application for review.
- The university will send you an email to confirm that they have received your registration.
Currently, Enrolled WITS Students should apply online via the Student Self-Service Portal https://self-service.wits.ac.za
WITS University Application Status 2024-2025
Once your online application for admission to WIST University in 2024 has been evaluated and approved, you will receive a confirmation communication via SMS or email to check the status of your application. To find out the state of your WITS application for 2024, follow these steps:
- Go to Student Self-Service Portal: https://self-service.wits.ac.za
- Enter your Student/Person Number and Password
- When the portal opens, click on the “Student Centre”
- After that, you click on the “Admission” tab
- Then, click “View Academic Application Status”
WITS University Admission Requirements 2024-2025
Applicants meeting the minimum admission requirements at the University of the Witwatersrand do not guarantee a place. There is a final selection on the subject to the availability of places, academic results and other entry requirements where applicable.
The minimum legislative requirements for admission to a bachelor’s degree include the achievement of:
- Three (3) fundamental subjects between 60 – 69% (3) (including English as the language of learning and teaching at Wits)
- Three (3) vocational subjects from the designated list between 70 – 79% (4).
- English must be taken either as Home Language or as 1st Additional Language.
- Mathematics is compulsory for all numerate programmes in Engineering and the Built Environment, Commerce, Law and Management, and Science.
- Maths Literacy is accepted for some degrees
WITS University Fees
New and returning S Feesouth African residents, SA permanent residence permit holders and refugee permit holders, are required to make the first payment of R9340 on their fees account prior to registration at theUniversity.
WITS University Fees Payment Refundable
The first fee payment is not refundable if you subsequently cancel your registration
WITS University Bursaries/ scholarships
Financial Aid and Scholarships Administration
The Wits Financial Aid & Scholarships Office (FASO) administers funds on behalf of the University, donors and sponsors. The office also provides information and advice on student funding.
WITS University Faculties
- Commerce, Law and Management
- Engineering and the Built Environment
- Health Sciences
WITS University Courses
- Business Sciences
- Economics and Finance
- Wits Business School
- Wits School of Governance
- Architecture and Planning
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Chemical & Metallurgical Engineering
- Construction Economics & Management
- Electrical & Information Engineering
- Mechanical, Industrial & Aeronautical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Anatomical Sciences
- Clinical Medicine
- Oral Health Sciences
- Public Health
- Therapeutic Sciences
- Wits School of Arts
- Wits School of Education
- Human and Community Development
- Literature, Language and Media
- Social Sciences
- Animal, Plant and Environmental Sciences
- Computer Science and Applied Mathematics
- Geography, Archaeology and Environmental Sciences
- Molecular and Cell Biology
- Statistics and Actuarial Science
WITS University Accommodation
Campus Housing and Residence Life (CHRL) is in charge of managing every aspect of the University’s residence programs, including housing and meals as well as the provision of recreational facilities and activities for student’s overall development and improved academic performance in a residential setting.
NB: Applications are done online and not directly at the residences.
WITS University Contact Details
Monday to Friday
8 am – 4.30 pm
University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg | Private Bag 3 | Wits 2050 | South Africa
Wits Central Switchboard
Tel: +27 (0)11 717-1000