Kwazulu Natal University phd Programmes
courses are still available at UKZN,Kwazulu Natal University phd Programmes
A university with a strong focus on research, UKZN values and promotes the quality, originality, and creativity of its research. The PhD programs available at UKZN are made to support students in developing their advanced research talents, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills. They also give them the opportunity to engage in original, cutting-edge research, among other things.
In order to be eligible for a PhD program at UKZN, applicants must also show that they have the potential to conduct original research. This could be done by submitting a research proposal or a thorough explanation of the project they want to do. The UKZN PhD admissions process is extremely tough, and successful candidates are frequently chosen based on their academic ability, aptitude for research, and suitability with the university’s research priority areas. Keep reading this post for helpful details if you’re thinking about applying to the PhD program at UKZN.
Criteria For Admission To Study PHD At Kwazulu Natal University
Any university will not register a candidate for a PHD by research unless the candidate:
- satisfied the requirements for a relevant prerequisite degree as specified in the College concerned (Masters); or been admitted to the status of that degree in terms of Rule GR7(a); or attained a level of competence as defined in Rule GR7(b)
b) A college may prescribe further minimum criteria for admission to study.
Kwazulu Natal University PHD Periods Of Registration
A student must have been enrolled in the program for at least four full semesters or eight semesters, depending on whether they are a part-time student, before a doctor of philosophy or supervised doctoral degree by research can be given.
Kwazulu Natal University PHD Application
Applications will need to be made online
- A concise curriculum vitae should include information about your current employment and any research-related activities, as well as any publications you may have (co)authored.
- Cover letter (State which academic staff members from the Graduate School of Management and Leadership you consulted about your desired research in your cover letter. To view staff research interests, click here. Also, you can provide recommendations for potential collaborators to help advance your research. Include in your recommendation what kind of expertise you would consider being acceptable to help your studies if you do not know any Graduate School of Management & Leadership staff members.)
- 5 page description of the research that you intend to pursue the PhD studies. Click here to download the Research to download the Research
- A copy of your academic record, especially the results obtained for your Honors and Master’s degree (for example the results for course work and the research components where applicable)
- A photocopy of the abstract of your master’s research dissertation
- Certified copies of Degree certificates
- Certified copy of I.D /Passport
- SAQA approval letter for International Applicants
N.B.All certified copies must not be older than 3 months from the certification date.
Kwazulu Natal PHD Available Program
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Kwazulu Natal PHD Administrators Contact Details
For more information
Tel: +27 31 260 8673
Physical address: University Road, Westville Campus, University of KwaZulu-Natal
Postal address: Private Bag x54001, Durban, 4000