Nelson Mandela Medical University Durban
How many years does it take to study Medicine at Ukzn,Nelson Mandela Medical University Durban
UKZN’s School of Clinical Medicine is committed to growing health professionals and researchers to meet the challenges faced by Africans. The school is also a proud supporter of the Fidel Castro Nelson Mandela Collaboration and over the years the university has been able to welcome a large number of Cuban-trained medical students into their academic stream and integrate them into our Decentralized Clinical Training Platform. Together with the KZN-Department of Health, the university’s focus has been on ensuring that they provide their clinical students with optimal clinical training of high quality; hence, they are continuously increasing and improving their Decentralized Clinical Training sites across the province to accommodate a growing number of students in this school. Find additional information below
Number Of Years To Study Medicine At Nelson Mandela Medical University
for DEGREE programs the DURATION is
- B Medicine and Surgery 6 yrs
- B Nursing 4 yrs
- B Occupational Therapy 4 yrs
- B Optometry 4 yrs
Nelson Mandela Medical University Durban Courses Available
The School of Clinical Medicine is made up of the following disciplines
- Clinical & Professional Practice
- Internal Medicine
- Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Emergency Medicine
- General Surgery
- Diabetes and Endocrinology
- Nuclear Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- General Medicine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Paediatric Surgery
- Paediatrics & Child Health
- Infectious Diseases
- Plastic Surgery
- Radiotherapy and Oncology
For students, the university has a number of campuses to study Health science;
- Howard College
- Medical School
What Type oF Degree Does Nelson Mandela Medical University Offer
The University offer a six-year MBChB degree. The full name for the MBChB degree is Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery.
How Do I Enroll in The Ukzn Medical School
The National Senior Certificate and a degree program at an accredited South African institution are requirements for applicants, who also need to have scored at least 65% in mathematics, physical science, life sciences, and English.
What Is The UKZN Passing Score
Students who are enrolled for a full semester load and receive first-class passes (75 per cent or more) in all of their modules or first-class passes in all modules but one (68 to 74 per cent) are given the commendation.
Nelson Mandela Medical University Durban Important Date
Commencement of remote online registration opens on Tuesday, 10 January
- The final date for minimum fee payment required for registration and the final date for semester 1 registration, is 24 February
- Remote, self-help online registration for returning Undergraduates, new and returning Postgraduate diplomas, Honours and Coursework Master’s students is from Tuesday, 10 January to Friday 24 February 2023, if they have no negative terms decision holds.
- Those students with negative term decision holds will require virtual online assistance which will be available from Wednesday 19 January to Friday 25 February 2022.
- First-semester lectures commence on Monday, 13 February
- Orientation and dedicated remote online registration of First time entering new (FTEN) students is 06, 11 February
- The first semester and Lectures commence on Monday, 13 February
- Final date for minimum fee payment required for registration. 24 February
- Final date for semester 1 registration. Friday 24 February.
- The final date for curriculum changes is 24 February.
- The final date for submission of requests for extended DPs for those modules that had DPs is 24 February.
How To Apply To Nelson Mandela Medical University Durban
at the University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) online in 2024, take the following actions:
- Go to the UKZN website and select “Apply” from the top menu.
- Click on “Undergraduate Applications” or “Postgraduate Applications” depending on your level of study.
- Read through the application instructions and requirements carefully.
- Click on the “Apply Online” button to start your application.
- Create an account by providing your personal details and email address.
- Fill in all the required fields in the online application form, including your academic history, contact details, and personal information.
- Upload any required supporting documents such as academic transcripts and ID/passport.
- Pay the application fee online using a credit/debit card or e-wallet.
- Submit your application and wait for a response from UKZN.
Nelson Mandela Medical University Durban Contact Details
Ms Vasanthie Brijlal
Tel: 031 260 4563