PGCE UKZN Online Application 2024
How to apply for PGCE at UKZN for 2024,PGCE UKZN Online Application 2024
This article contains information on the University of KwaZulu-Natal, UKZN Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) Application Form and Requirements for admission into Postgraduate Programmes for the 2024/2025 academic year. The PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate in Education) is an initial teacher training qualification that students can apply for once they have completed their degree. A student may apply for selection provided they have obtained a relevant bachelor’s degree or an equivalent qualification approved by the Senate as suitable for School teaching in the Senior Phase and Further Education and Training Phase of Schooling. The total credits for the Postgraduate Certificate in Education are 128. read below and start applying;
PGCE UKZN Online Application Closing Date 2024
The closing date for application for admission to the PGCE is 30 September (late applications may not be accepted).
UKZN PGCE Application Fees
A non-refundable application fee of R250 is payable for local students and R470 for international students. All application fees are payable to the University of KwaZulu-Natal and can be paid into the following
PGCE UKZN Online Application 2024 Requirement
An authorized undergraduate bachelor’s degree (NQF Level 7 or 8), which incorporates adequate and sufficient academic topic matter understanding to teach school subjects for a specific phase of education, is the minimum admission requirement for a Postgraduate Certificate in Education. The minimum qualification should have 64 credits (at least 32 credits at NQF Level 7) to teach a Further Education and Training subject specialization and at least 32 credits at Level 6 to teach a Senior Phase subject specialization.
PGCE UKZN Program Duration
The PGCE prepares graduates for teaching through an intensive one-year full-time programme.
PGCE UKZN Subject Areas
We are currently offering a PGCE in the following TWO phase specialisations:
- Further Education and Training Phase: Grades 10 to 12
- Senior and Further Education and Training Phase: Grades 7 to 12
PGCE UKZN Application Selection Process
How will the selection process be organised?
- The underlying subjects taken in the initial degree must be approved by the subject specialization co-ordinators for selection into specific subjects for either of the two available PGCE programs, namely:
- Students must qualify for TWO FET Teaching Specializations from the list of approved FET Teaching Specializations in order to register for the Further Education and Training Phase Teaching specialization.
- Students must be eligible for ONE FET teaching specialization from the list of approved FET teaching specializations and ONE SP teaching specialization from the list of approved SP teaching specializations in order to register for the Senior and Further Education and Training Phase Teaching specialization.
- qualifications must be verified by SAQA to ensure equivalence to the relevant NQF levels of the South African framework. See contact details below for staff dealing with admissions.
UKZN PGCE Bank Details
applicant can pay their fees through this account details
- Account: Standard Bank
- Account number: 053081072
- Account type: Business Current Account
- Branch code: Westville: 045426
note; Please provide your details on the deposit slip and attach a copy of the proof of payment to your application
PGCE UKZN Online Application 2024
Visit the UKZN website at https://soe.ukzn.ac.za for full details on how to apply.
PGCE UKZN Fees & Financial Aid
Application for financial assistance can be done through Edu-Loan (a private financial company) on Client Services – 0860 555544 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme on (031) 260 3603.
Funza Lushaka bursaries are available to PGCE students in priority areas. For further details contact the Funza Lushaka Administrator: Email: Funzalushaka@ukzn.ac.za | Tel: +27 (0) 31 260 3208
PGCE UKZN Contact Details
MS SIBONGILE MBANJWA
031 260 3631
MRS GESHREE NAICKER