Stellenbosch University Application Portal 2024-2025
Stellenbosch University Application Portal 2024-2025; Stellenbosch university student portal
We’re happy to introduce the application portal, which you can use to submit applications online and find out whether you’ve been admitted. It includes instructions for logging into your Stellenbosch University admission dashboard as well. Both current and potential students of the university can make use of the University of Stellenbosch Application Portal to submit an online application, monitor their admission status, and print an admission letter.
The Application Portal is crucial because it helps current and prospective students manage their admissions. As a result, the administration of the University of Stellenbosch has made a portal available where you can apply for admission and keep track of it at any time and from anywhere for the 2024–2025 academic year.
The names of accepted applicants are listed on the Application Portal website, along with a download link for acceptance letters that have been uploaded.
STEP-BY-STEP APPLICATION PROCESS FOR UNDERGRADUATE APPLICATIONS
STEP 1: Explore your options
- Visit What Can I Study on www.maties.com to learn more about all the programs offered at Stellenbosch University.
- Make sure you are aware of the selection standards for the various faculties. Many prospective students submit applications for the programs. Sadly, they can only take a certain amount of students. Even if you satisfy a school’s admission requirements, admittance to the program of your choice is not a given. On www.maties.com, the criteria can be found under Entrance and selection requirements.
- Moreover, become familiar with the university’s admissions guidelines.
Stellenbosch university student portal
STEP 2: Take note of the application dates
- 1 March: Applications open for all programs.
- 1 April: Applications open for financial assistance at Stellenbosch University.
- 30 June: Applications close for all undergraduate programs.
- 30 June: Residence applications close.
- 1 August: Applications open for NSFAS bursaries.
- 31 August: Applications close for Stellenbosch University financial assistance.
- 30 November: Applications close for NSFAS bursaries.
- 15 December: Applications close for Diploma in Public Accountability (Telematic Education).
- Please note that no late applications will be considered.
STEP 3: Select your program
- For Stellenbosch University, you have three curriculum options to choose from. Because some programs have complex selection criteria, you might not be chosen for your first option but might be chosen for your second or third choice. This is why you might list three programs.
- But, keep in mind that you can only be accepted into one program at a time. Your second choice will lapse as soon as you are admitted to your first option if you are initially admitted to your second choice and later to your first choice.
- By the end of September, you must inform them at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would prefer to continue with your second (or third) options offer. The offer will end if you reject it. Your request will only be taken into consideration after September if there are still openings.
STEP 4: Complete your application
- You will need a working email address and mobile phone number in order to apply online at www.maties.com. Email and text messages to the cell phone will be used for correspondence.
- The username (student number) and 8-digit password you need to complete your application will be sent to you once you’ve submitted a formal online application.
- The red “Outstanding” buttons on all mandatory screens must be clicked. The “submit” button won’t be accessible until ALL of the required screens have been finished (a green “Completed” button will be shown). Please ensure that the information you provide is correct. If the information is incorrect the University is entitled to reject your application or cancel your registration immediately
- Data won’t be lost in the event of a power loss, and the application can be finished later before the deadline.
STEP 5: Make sure that you upload all the required documents
The original qualification documents listed in the table below, along with certified copies of those documents, are required. Please remember the following information in relation to your documents:
- You must supply copies of your original academic records, which must be attested to and stamped by the institution that granted the degree, the granting school, a notary public, or a Commissioner of Oaths (such as an attorney or diplomat). A Commissioner of Oaths must certify your documents whenever you visit the police station or the post office. Police and postal service stamps are not allowed.
- Online results from self-serving sites or documents with password protection won’t be accepted.
- The submitted electronic copies must be legible and clear (not blurred, cropped, or obscured). The only acceptable file formats are pdf and jpg.
STEP 6: Write the national benchmark test (NBT)
The NBT is applicable to prospective Stellenbosch University first-year applicants.
The National Benchmark Tests are used by SU for placement and/or selection purposes.
Visit www.nbt.ac.za or contact 021 650 3523 for further details or to make a reservation to write the NBTs.
STEP 7: Monitor your application status
Your application will be reviewed once you have successfully completed the stages and the Admission Office has acknowledged receipt of your entire application.
Go on to www.maties.com using your username (student number) and official SUN password to check the status of your application.
Please be aware that there may be a message requesting more information.
How to Apply at Stellenbosch University (SUN) Online Application Form 2024-2025
All prospective students who want to study at Stellenbosch University (SUN) for 2024 must apply online for admission on the official website. To Apply online at SUN 2024, follow the steps below
- Go to Stellenbosch University website: www.sun.ac.za/english/maties-2024
- Access the SUN Student portal: https://student.sun.ac.za
- Log into the applications page via the “Applicant” icon
- Choose the “Create a profile” link if you are a new applicant
- Then, select “New Application” and enter all the required details
- Click on the “Create” button after filling out the form with your details
- Once you have completed the “Create Your Profile” page and have clicked on the “Create button”, a successful message will appear.
- Then select the link to continue with your online application
- Enter the same email address and password details you provided on your Create Profile page
- Click on Programme Selection and then Add to select the program you would like to apply for on the application portal page
- Select the Faculty, Programme Type and Programme, and Year of studies and click on the Save button
- Click Personal Information and complete the outstanding details. Click Save and continue
- Then, click “Payment and agreement”. Select “I accept the Application Terms and Conditions” and click Submit Application for review