UCT Distance Learning
UCT Distance Learning
UCT provides a diverse range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs, including degrees in commerce, science, engineering, law, education, health sciences, and humanities through distance learning. UCT provides short courses and certifications via Online Learning, which can assist students to upskill and advance their careers In addition to degree programs. Applicants must meet the admission criteria for the program they desire to study in order to enrol in a UCT Distance Learning program.
The entry requirements vary based on the program and level of study, but often involve a high school diploma or equivalent job experience. Students may obtain quality education through UCT Online Learning without needing to attend classes on campus. UCT Online Learning programs are meant to give students the same degree of academic achievement as on-campus programs. The UCT Distance Learning programs include a variety of Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) and certified short courses and also some postgraduate degrees are structured within a blended learning curriculum, which is a mix of online and face-to-face teaching. UCT uses various online platforms for their teaching and learning projects, theses online platforms may include LinkedIn Learning, the Kahn Academy and theSUSE Academic programme and UCT’s Information and Communication Technology Services (ICTS) self-training section.
- Bachelor of Commerce in Management Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Construction Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental and Geographical Science
- Bachelor of Laws
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration
- Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Technology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Occupational Health
- Master of Commerce in Development Finance
- Master of Education in Information and Communication Technology in Education
- Master of Public Health
UCT Admission Requirements
Undergraduate Diploma Study
- a National Senior Certificate (NSC) as certified by Umalusi with an achievement rating of 3 (Moderate Achievement, 40-49%) or better in 4 recognised NSC 20-credit subjects.
Bachelor’s Degree Study
- a South African National Senior Certificate (NSC) need to pass a minimum of 4 subjects at a rating of 4 (Adequate Achievement, 50-59%) or better in any four 20-credit NSC subjects.
- a South African Senior Certificate needs matriculation endorsement.
- non-South African school-leaving certificates must qualify for a matriculation exemption certificate.
Minimum language proficiency
South African Senior Certificate undergraduate applicants
- South African Senior Certificate undergraduate applicants to UCT must have achieved a pass of 40% or more on the Higher Grade in English (First or Second Language) at the Senior Certificate level.
- South African NSC undergraduate applicants to UCT, must have achieved a rating of 2 (Elementary Achievement, 30-40%) or better at the Home Language or First Additional Language level.
READ ALSO UCT Application Dates
How To Apply To UCT
- visit the UCT website via www.uct.ac.za
- Select the “Apply to UCT” page.
- Download the online application form
- Complete the online application form with the required information
- Upload certified copies of supportive documents such as; academic transcripts, a copy of your ID or passport, and proof of payment of the application fee etc.
- Submit the completed application form along with supportive documents.
UCT Online Application Fee Structure
The relevant application fee should accompany all applications:
|Undergraduate and postgraduate applications from South Africa and the Southern African Development Community (SADC) region||R100|
|Undergraduate and postgraduate applications from outside the SADC region||R300|
|Graduate School of Business (GSB) applications from South Africa and African citizens/residents||R1 940|
|GSB applications from outside of Africa||USD 300|
- Application fees will not be refunded. Paying an application fee does not mean that your application will be successful.
- The application fee may be paid by cash, credit card, direct bank deposit or electronic funds transfer (EFT). Cash payments must be made at the Cashiers Office, Kramer Building, Middle Campus, UCT. Credit card payments must be made online.
UCT Contact Details
Tel: +27 (0)21 650 2128
University of Cape Town
c/o Bremner Building Lower Campus
University of Cape Town
UCT provides a diverse range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs, including degrees in commerce, science, engineering, law, education, health sciences, and humanities through distance learning. Hope the provided information is useful, kindly leave a comment in the comment section. Visit the official website of UCT for more information.