UFH Admission Requirement 2024-2025
UFH Admission Requirement 2024-2025: Are you thinking about enrolling at the University of Fort Hare but unsure if you meet the requirements? Since we’ve broken down all the prerequisites for admission in one piece, you can easily find UFH admission requirements and determine which qualification matches your grade or result.
According to the administration of the University of Fort Hare, all applicants should be aware of these admission requirements before submitting an application for admission. If you’re a UFH applicant who needs to know the complete entry requirements, this post will fix your issue and show you the approachable admissions courses and requirements.
On this page, you can find all the information you require regarding the entrance requirements for incoming undergraduate and graduate students at the University of Fort Hare. Please follow along as we simplify and streamline the enrollment process at UFH. Below are the prerequisites for admission to the University of Fort Hare. Applicants must thoroughly read the guidelines before submitting an application. UFH Admission Requirement 2024-2025
UFH GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS 2024-2025
A student who was not previously registered at this or another University shall meet one of the following requirements –
- A Matriculation Certificate, a National Senior Certificate, a School Leaving Certificate or a Further Education and Training (FET 4) Certificate; or
- Mature age, Senate discretionary or any other form of conditional or complete exemption; or
- Any alternative qualification, examination or experience (prior learning and/or experience) which is recognized in terms of the admission policy of the University as laid down by the Council in consultation with the Senate; provided that Council in consultation with Senate may further prescribe by regulation additional requirements as it deems fit as a prerequisite for admission to any specific programme.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR BACHELOR’S DEGREES
- Minimum of level 4 in English 1st Additional Language or
- Minimum of level 3 in English Home Language.
- Minimum of Level 4 or better in four 20-credit subjects from the designated list, excluding Life Orientation.
|QUALIFICATION||MINIMUM STATUTORY ENTRY REQUIREMENT|
|Bachelors degree||Pass NSC with an achievement rating of 4 (50-59%) or more in 4 (four) subjects|
|Diploma||Pass NSC with an achieving rating of 3 (40-49% )or more in 4 (four) subjects|
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR MATURE-AGE APPLICANTS
|Agricultural science||Life science|
|Business Studies||Mathematics of Mathematical Literacy|
Senior Certificate (pre-2008)
- A candidate is expected to possess a minimum level of proficiency in the English language. A pass mark of at least an E symbol on SG is considered to be sufficient. A pass mark of at least an F symbol on HG English 1st language is also considered to be sufficient.
- A Matriculation Exemption or Further Education and Training Certificate.
- A standard qualification to study for a degree is a Matriculation endorsement or equivalent.
NATIONAL CERTIFICATE (VOCATIONAL) (NCV) GUIDELINES
The minimum admission requirement to a Bachelor’s degree programme is a National Certificate (Vocational) Level 4 issued by Council for General and Further Education and Training. The minimum requirements for admission to a Bachelor’s degree include the achievement of the following,
- National Certificate (Vocational) Level 4;
- At least three (3) fundamental subjects with a minimum pass mark of 60% (including English as the language of learning)
- Three (3) vocational subjects from the designated list between 70 ‐ 79% (4).
Prospective students are also required to meet specified faculty NVC admission criteria, as determined by the respective Faculty Boards.
INTERNATIONAL APPLICANT WITH A FOREIGN SCHOOL LEAVING?
All applicants with non-South African school leaving require a certificate of exemption from the Matriculation Board of South Africa for admission into an undergraduate qualification. For more information regarding the Matriculation Exemptions please visit the Matriculation Board website on www.he-enrol.ac.za
The University of Fort Hare will also submit applications to the Matriculation Board on behalf of the applicant on submission of the following:
Form M30E (also available from the matriculation board website); Copies of educational qualification (certified at the University); Copy of Passport or birth certificate (certified at the University); Exemption application fee charged at R400.00 (payable at the university); and Sworn English translation of documents required where applicable.
All applicants with non-South African qualifications are required to have their qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). For more information regarding the evaluation of qualifications please visit the SAQA website: www.saqa.org.za
Student selection and admissions process
- Students receive application forms from the Students Registration Office through the post/contact.
- These are completed and returned to the Students Registration Office and get sorted per-Faculty.
- Then the faculty selection committee (Deputy Dean: Teaching and Learning, Faculty Manager, HODs and Administrators) convenes to do the selection.
- Admission is done on merit, using the Swedish point system. High scores are considered first in chronological order
UFH CONTACT DETAIL FOR ENQUIRIES
- Alice Campus Tel.: 040 602 2016 / 2053/ 2122/ 2174/ 2281
- East London Campus Tel.: 043 704 7155 / 7266 / 7004 / 7139
For more information on UFH click here. You can ask your question in the comment section.