UKZN PGCE Application Form
How to apply for PGCE at UKZN for 2024,UKZN PGCE Application Form
This page discusses the Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) Application Form and the Requirements for Admission into Postgraduate Programs for the 2024–2025 Academic Year at the University of KwaZulu–(UKZN) Natal. Once a student has earned their degree, students are eligible to apply for the PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate in Education), the first qualification in teacher preparation. Students are eligible to apply for selection if they possess a relevant bachelor’s degree or a comparable credential that has been approved by the Senate as suitable for teaching in schools during the senior phase and further education and training phase of their study. There are 128 total credits required for the Postgraduate Certificate in Education. click here for more
UKZN PGCE Application Form Closing Date 2024
The deadline to apply for admission to the PGCE is September 30, 2017. (late applications may not be accepted).
UKZN PGCE Application Fees
Students from within South Africa must pay a non-refundable application fee of R250, while students from abroad must pay R470. Payment of all applicable costs must be made to the University of KwaZulu-Natal and may be sent to the following accounts:
UKZN PGCE Application Form 2024 Requirement
An authorized undergraduate bachelor’s degree (NQF Level 7 or 8), which incorporates adequate and sufficient academic topic matter understanding to teach school subjects for a specific phase of education, is the minimum admission requirement for a Postgraduate Certificate in Education. The minimum qualification should have 64 credits (at least 32 credits at NQF Level 7) to teach a Further Education and Training subject specialization and at least 32 credits at Level 6 to teach a Senior Phase subject specialization.
PGCE UKZN Program Duration
The PGCE prepares graduates for teaching through an intensive one-year full-time programme.
PGCE UKZN Subject Areas
We are currently offering a PGCE in the following TWO phase specialisations:
- Further Education and Training Phase: Grades 10 to 12
- Senior and Further Education and Training Phase: Grades 7 to 12
PGCE UKZN Application Selection Process
How will the selection process be organised?
- The underlying subjects taken in the initial degree must be approved by the subject specialization co-ordinators for selection into specific subjects for either of the two available PGCE programs, namely:
- Students must qualify for TWO FET Teaching Specializations from the list of approved FET Teaching Specializations in order to register for the Further Education and Training Phase Teaching specialization.
- Students must be eligible for ONE FET teaching specialization from the list of approved FET teaching specializations and ONE SP teaching specialization from the list of approved SP teaching specializations in order to register for the Senior and Further Education and Training Phase Teaching specialization.
- qualifications must be verified by SAQA to ensure equivalence to the relevant NQF levels of the South African framework. See contact details below for staff dealing with admissions.
UKZN PGCE Bank Details
applicant can pay their fees through this account details
- Account: Standard Bank
- Account number: 053081072
- Account type: Business Current Account
- Branch code: Westville: 045426
note;Please provide your details on the deposit slip and attach a copy of the proof of payment to your application
UKZN PGCE Application Form
Visit the UKZN website at https://soe.ukzn.ac.za for full details on how to apply.
PGCE UKZN Fees & Financial Aid
Application for financial assistance can be done through Edu-Loan (a private financial company) on Client Services – 0860 555544 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme on (031) 260 3603.
Funza Lushaka bursaries are available to PGCE students in priority areas. For further details contact the Funza Lushaka Administrator: Email: Funzalushaka@ukzn.ac.za | Tel: +27 (0) 31 260 3208
PGCE UKZN Contact Details
MS SIBONGILE MBANJWA
031 260 3631
MRS GESHREE NAICKER