UKZN PGCE Application Online 2024
Does UKZN offer PGCE for 2024, UKZN PGCE Application Online 2024
The requirements for enrollment in postgraduate programs for the 2024-2025 academic year are addressed in this article, as well as the Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) online application form from the University of KwaZulu-(UKZN) Natal. After obtaining their degree, students can register for the PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate in Education), the first certification in teacher preparation. A student may be qualified to apply for selection if they possess a relevant bachelor’s degree or a similar credential that has been approved by the Senate as suitable for school teaching in the senior phase and further education and training phase of schooling. There are 128 credits overall in the Postgraduate Certificate in Education. then start utilizing what you have studied;
PGCE UKZN Online Application End Date 2024
The closing date for application for admission to the PGCE is 30 September (late applications may not be accepted).
UKZN PGCE Application Fees
A non-refundable application fee of R250 is payable for local students and R470 for international students. All application fees are payable to the University of KwaZulu-Natal and can be paid into the following
Requirement for PGCE UKZN Online Application 2024
A recognized undergraduate bachelor’s degree (NQF Level 7 or 8) with adequate and sufficient academic subject matter knowledge to teach school subjects for a specific phase of education is the minimum entrance requirement for a Postgraduate Certificate in Education. The minimum qualification should have 64 credits for teaching a subject speciality in the senior phase and for teaching a topic specialization in further education and training (at least 32 credits at NQF Level 7)
PGCE UKZN Program Duration
The PGCE prepares graduates for teaching through an intensive one-year full-time programme.
PGCE UKZN Subject Areas
We are currently offering a PGCE in the following TWO phase specialisations:
- Further Education and Training Phase: Grades 10 to 12
- Senior and Further Education and Training Phase: Grades 7 to 12
PGCE UKZN Application Selection Process
How will the selection process be organised?
- The underlying subjects taken in the initial degree must be approved by the subject specialization co-ordinators for selection into specific subjects for either of the two available PGCE programs, namely:
- Students must qualify for TWO FET Teaching Specializations from the list of approved FET Teaching Specializations in order to register for the Further Education and Training Phase Teaching specialization.
- Students must be eligible for ONE FET teaching specialization from the list of approved FET teaching specializations and ONE SP teaching specialization from the list of approved SP teaching specializations in order to register for the Senior and Further Education and Training Phase Teaching specialization.
- qualifications must be verified by SAQA to ensure equivalence to the relevant NQF levels of the South African framework. See contact details below for staff dealing with admissions.
UKZN PGCE Bank Details
applicant can pay their fees through this account details
- Account: Standard Bank
- Account number: 053081072
- Account type: Business Current Account
- Branch code: Westville: 045426
note;Please provide your details on the deposit slip and attach a copy of the proof of payment to your application
PGCE UKZN Online Application 2024
Visit the UKZN website at https://soe.ukzn.ac.za for full details on how to apply.
PGCE UKZN Fees & Financial Aid
Applying for financial aid can be done through the National Student Financial Aid Scheme at (031) 260 3603 or Edu-Loan, a private financial business, at Client Services – 0860 555544.
PGCE students can apply for Funza Lushaka bursaries in priority fields. Contact the Funza Lushaka Coordinator for more information: Contact information: +27 (0) 31 260 3208; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PGCE UKZN Contact Details
MS SIBONGILE MBANJWA
031 260 3631
MRS GESHREE NAICKER