UKZN PGCE Late Application
Is it too late to do a PGCE,UKZN PGCE Late Application
The University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) usually opens its application process for the Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) in April and closes it around the end of September. However, the university may not consider or accept late applications. with these, it is advisable to apply as soon as possible before the application ends.
The Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) Application Form and Requirements for Admission into Postgraduate Programs for the next Academic Year are discussed in this article from the University of KwaZulu-(UKZN) Natal. Students are entitled to apply for selection if they possess a relevant bachelor’s degree or a comparable credential that has been approved by the Senate as suitable for school teaching in the senior phase and further education and training phase of schooling. 128 credits make up the Postgraduate Diploma in Education. find out more underneath
PGCE UKZN Application End Date
Application for admission to the PGCE must be submitted by 30 September (late applications may not be accepted).
UKZN PGCE Application Fees
Students from within South Africa must pay a non-refundable application fee of R250, while students from abroad must pay R470. Payment of all applicable costs must be made to the University of KwaZulu-Natal and may be sent to the following accounts:
PGCE UKZN Online Application Requirement
The minimum entrance criteria for a Postgraduate Certificate in Education is an accredited undergraduate bachelor’s degree (NQF Level 7 or 8), which contains appropriate and sufficient academic subject matter understanding to teach school topics for a specified phase of education. For teaching a topic specialization in further education and training and for teaching a subject specialization in the senior phase, the minimum qualification should have 64 credits (at least 32 credits at NQF Level 7)..
PGCE UKZN Program Duration
The PGCE prepares graduates for teaching through an intensive one-year full-time programme.
PGCE UKZN Subject Areas
We are currently offering a PGCE in the following TWO phase specialisations:
- Further Education and Training Phase: Grades 10 to 12
- Senior and Further Education and Training Phase: Grades 7 to 12
PGCE UKZN Application Selection Process
How will the selection process be organised?
- The underlying subjects taken in the initial degree must be approved by the subject specialization co-ordinators for selection into specific subjects for either of the two available PGCE programs, namely:
- Students must qualify for TWO FET Teaching Specializations from the list of approved FET Teaching Specializations in order to register for the Further Education and Training Phase Teaching specialization.
- Students must be eligible for ONE FET teaching specialization from the list of approved FET teaching specializations and ONE SP teaching specialization from the list of approved SP teaching specializations in order to register for the Senior and Further Education and Training Phase Teaching specialization.
- qualifications must be verified by SAQA to ensure equivalence to the relevant NQF levels of the South African framework. See contact details below for staff dealing with admissions.
UKZN PGCE Bank Details
applicant can pay their fees through this account details
- Account: Standard Bank
- Account number: 053081072
- Account type: Business Current Account
- Branch code: Westville: 045426
note;Please provide your details on the deposit slip and attach a copy of the proof of payment to your application
UKZN PGCE Application 2024
Visit the UKZN website at https://soe.ukzn.ac.za for full details on how to apply.
PGCE UKZN Fees & Financial Aid
Application for financial assistance can be done through Edu-Loan (a private financial company) on Client Services – 0860 555544 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme on (031) 260 3603.
Funza Lushaka bursaries are available to PGCE students in priority areas. For further details contact the Funza Lushaka Administrator: Email: Funzalushaka@ukzn.ac.za | Tel: +27 (0) 31 260 3208
PGCE UKZN Contact Details
MS SIBONGILE MBANJWA
031 260 3631
MRS GESHREE NAICKER