UKZN PGCE Online Application 2024
Does UKZN offer PGCE for 2023,UKZN PGCE Online Application 2024
The University of KwaZulu-(UKZN) Natal’s Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) online application form and the prerequisites for enrollment in postgraduate programs for the 2024–2025 academic year are covered in this article. Students can apply for the PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate in Education), which is the first certification in teacher training, once they have finished their degree. If a student holds a relevant bachelor’s degree or a comparable credential that has been authorized by the Senate as appropriate for school teaching in the senior phase and further education and training phase of schooling, they are eligible to apply for selection. The Postgraduate Certificate in Education consists of 128 credits in total. read the following and begin using;
PGCE UKZN Online Application Closing Date 2024
The closing date for application for admission to the PGCE is 30 September (late applications may not be accepted).
UKZN PGCE Application Fees
A non-refundable application fee of R250 is payable for local students and R470 for international students. All application fees are payable to the University of KwaZulu-Natal and can be paid into the following
Requirement for PGCE UKZN Online Application 2024
The minimum entrance criteria for a Postgraduate Certificate in Education is an accredited undergraduate bachelor’s degree (NQF Level 7 or 8), which contains appropriate and sufficient academic subject matter understanding to teach school topics for a specified phase of education. For teaching a topic specialization in further education and training and for teaching a subject specialization in the senior phase, the minimum qualification should have 64 credits (at least 32 credits at NQF Level 7).
PGCE UKZN Program Duration
The PGCE prepares graduates for teaching through an intensive one-year full-time programme.
PGCE UKZN Subject Areas
We are currently offering a PGCE in the following TWO phase specialisations:
- Further Education and Training Phase: Grades 10 to 12
- Senior and Further Education and Training Phase: Grades 7 to 12
PGCE UKZN Application Selection Process
How will the selection process be organised?
- The underlying subjects taken in the initial degree must be approved by the subject specialization co-ordinators for selection into specific subjects for either of the two available PGCE programs, namely:
- Students must qualify for TWO FET Teaching Specializations from the list of approved FET Teaching Specializations in order to register for the Further Education and Training Phase Teaching specialization.
- Students must be eligible for ONE FET teaching specialization from the list of approved FET teaching specializations and ONE SP teaching specialization from the list of approved SP teaching specializations in order to register for the Senior and Further Education and Training Phase Teaching specialization.
- qualifications must be verified by SAQA to ensure equivalence to the relevant NQF levels of the South African framework. See contact details below for staff dealing with admissions.
UKZN PGCE Bank Details
applicant can pay their fees through this account details
- Account: Standard Bank
- Account number: 053081072
- Account type: Business Current Account
- Branch code: Westville: 045426
note;Please provide your details on the deposit slip and attach a copy of the proof of payment to your application
PGCE UKZN Online Application 2024
Visit the UKZN website at https://soe.ukzn.ac.za for full details on how to apply.
PGCE UKZN Fees & Financial Aid
Application for financial assistance can be done through Edu-Loan (a private financial company) on Client Services – 0860 555544 or e-mail: email@example.com, or National Student Financial Aid Scheme on (031) 260 3603.
Funza Lushaka bursaries are available to PGCE students in priority areas. For further details contact the Funza Lushaka Administrator: Email: Funzalushaka@ukzn.ac.za | Tel: +27 (0) 31 260 3208
PGCE UKZN Contact Details
MS SIBONGILE MBANJWA
031 260 3631
MRS GESHREE NAICKER