University of Durban Westville Online Application
Are UKZN 2023 applications open, University of Durban Westville Online Application
The Westville campus is situated within an environmental preserve about 8 kilometres from the important economic centres of Durban and Pinetown. It mixes cutting-edge amenities with stunning natural surroundings. The mosques and temples on campus pay homage to the long history of multiculturalism in the area. It serves as the official location for the University of KwaZulu-Natal and houses the Vice-Office, the Chancellor’s offices for Executive members, and administrative divisions for the entire organization. Nowadays, the campus offers courses in the humanities, social sciences, law, business, engineering, and health sciences. The majority of the Health Sciences, as well as the Commerce and Management disciplines, will be placed on the Westville campus when the united university is founded.
Westville Campus University of Kwazulu Natal Application Online
The University of Durban Westville (UDW) is now part of the University of Kwazulu Natal (UKZN) and the application process for both institutions is centralized through the UKZN online application portal.
To apply for UKZN, follow these steps:
- Visit the UKZN online application portal at https://cao.ukzn.ac.za/Apply/
- open an account by providing your personal details and creating a username and password.
- Log in to your account and tap on “Apply for Admission” from the menu.
- select the appropriate application form based on your level of study (undergraduate or postgraduate) and the academic year you wish to apply for.
- finish the application form by providing all the required information and supporting documents. Make sure to follow the instructions carefully.
Use the online payment processor to pay the non-refundable application fee. The type of application and your citizenship status will decide the price. Send in your application, then wait for the university to send you a confirmation email. Using the site, you may keep tabs on the progress of your application. It’s significant to remember that application deadlines differ based on the program and the entering year. For additional information, be sure to visit the UKZN website or get in touch with the admissions office.
Westville Campus University of Kwazulu Natal Courses
The Westville Campus University of Kwazulu Natal currently offers programmes in
- Commerce and Management,
- Social Sciences and Health Sciences.
- Commerce and Management disciplines
- Health Sciences.
Westville Campus University of Kwazulu Natal Residences
On-campus residences that accommodate 1810 students :
- S-Block-self catering
- R-Block-self catering
- P-Block-self catering
- O-Block (ladies only and not self-catering)
Off-campus residences – accommodating 713 students in fully furnished rooms :
- Bedford Hall and San Sabil – Hospital Road
- Dunstaple Heights – Varsity drive
- Santa Cruz (only for postgraduates) – Reservoir Hills.
UKZN Westville Campus Facilities at Residence
- access control
- television rooms
- parking space
- Facilities to buy meals – only at O block
Westville Campus University of Kwazulu Natal Sports Facilities
This campus has impressive indoor and outdoor facilities.
- Athletics, aerobics, badminton, basketball, boxing,
- Ballroom dancing, chess, cricket,
- Gymnastics, golf, karate, netball, soccer,
- Jogging areas.
- Modern indoor sports complex
- Olympic-size swimming pool.
- Softball, squash, swimming, table tennis,
- Tennis and squash courts,
- Volleyball and weightlifting/bodybuilding
Needed Documents for UKZN Westville Campus
All prospective applicants should remember to upload the following documents (where applicable)
- Certified copy of your ID/passport.
- Certified copy of your National Senior/Matric Certificate or O/A Levels or relevant school leaving qualification/certificate.
- Proof from Universities South Africa (previously known as HESA), that you qualify for admission to degree studies at South African universities if you are an international applicant.
- Certified copies of your degree certificate(s), academic record, and certificate of conduct, if you attended other universities.
- Proof of English proficiency for International applicants from non-English speaking countries.
- South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) evaluations if the previous qualification(s) was/were obtained at foreign universities (outside South Africa).
- A research proposal/proposed title of the dissertation/thesis if you are applying for a Masters’s Degree or PhD.
- A valid study visa to study in SA if you are an International applicant.
- USAF/SAQA documents are to be uploaded in order to complete your application.
- Ensure to use reference APPN (followed by your student number) when making application fee payments.
University Of KZN Westville Campus Online Application Fee 2024-2025
- A non-refundable online application fee of R210 is payable to UKZN (with a late fee of R420)
- If students apply before 31 October 2023, the CAO application fee is R250.
- If students apply from 1 November 2023 onwards, the CAO application fee is R470.
WESTVILLE CAMPUS Address
Private Bag X54001, Durban, 4000
Tel: +27 (0)31 260 2011/3417/7877