University of Kwazulu Natal phd
PhD at UKZN,University of Kwazulu Natal phd
If you hold a master’s degree and are interested in topping up with a Ph.D. program, this page will explain how to apply. Applicants can submit an online application to the University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN). There is no deadline, however, admittance is contingent on supervisors being available. Whether you are a South African or an overseas applicant, you must meet the prerequisites to be considered for admission to a PHD program at UKZN for the upcoming academic year. For more information, see the specifications below.
Criteria For Admission To Study PHD At UKZN
Any university will not register a candidate for a PHD by research unless the candidate:
- satisfied the requirements for a relevant prerequisite degree as specified in the College concerned (Masters); or been admitted to the status of that degree in terms of Rule GR7(a); or attained a level of competence as defined in Rule GR7(b)
b) A college may prescribe further minimum criteria for admission to study.
UKZN PHD Periods Of Registration
Before a doctoral degree in philosophy or a supervised doctoral degree by research can be awarded, a student must be registered for at least four semesters of full-time study or eight semesters of part-time study in any college.
UKZN PHD Application 2024
Applications will need to be made online
- Brief curriculum vitae which should include details of your current work situation and any research-related activities including publications (e.g. articles, reports) that you may have (co)authored,
- Cover letter (indicate in your cover letter which of the Graduate School of Business and Leadership Academic staff members you have consulted regarding your intended research. Click here to view staff research interests, You may also suggest whom you would like to work with as the promoter of your study. If you do not know any Graduate School of Business & Leadership staff, then indicate in your recommendation what kind of expertise you would consider being appropriate to support your studies.)
- 5 page description of the research that you intend to pursue the PhD studies. Click here to download the Research to download the Research
- A copy of your academic record, especially the results obtained for your Honors and Master’s degree (for example the results for course work and the research components where applicable)
- A photocopy of the abstract of your master’s research dissertation
- Certified copies of Degree certificates
- Certified copy of I.D /Passport
- SAQA approval letter for International Applicants
N.B.All certified copies must not be older than 3 months from the certification date.
UKZN PHD Available Program
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
UKZN PHD Administrators Contact Details
For more information
Tel: +27 31 260 8673
Physical address: University Road, Westville Campus, University of KwaZulu-Natal
Postal address: Private Bag x54001, Durban, 4000