University Of WITS Online Application 2024-2025
How can I apply for Wits 2024, University Of WITS Online Application 2024-2025
The University of the Witwatersrand, also known as Wits, is a renowned institution with a focus on study and is situated in Johannesburg, South Africa. For all other WITS University programs, the University of the Witwatersrand (WITS) Online Application for 2024–2025 will go live on 1 March 2023 and conclude on 30 September 2023. As a result, potential applicants who wish to enrol at WITS University for the 2024–2025 academic year must submit an online application through the 2024 portal at www.wits.ac.za before the deadline. Apply as soon as the application window begins, but keep in mind that WITS University will not accept any late applications for 2024. WITS University provides a variety of short courses, part-time and online programs, undergraduate and graduate degrees, and diplomas. The University of the Witwatersrand is a highly selective institution, and the application process is competitive. Therefore, applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as early as possible and ensure that they meet all the admission requirements for their chosen program. The University of the Witwatersrand is a highly selective institution, and the application process is competitive. Therefore, applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as early as possible and ensure that they meet all the admission requirements for their chosen program.
WITS Application Dates for 2024-2025
The University of the Witwatersrand (WITS) Applications for 2024 will commence on1 March 2023for all programmes.
WITSClosing datesfor 2024
- Faculty of Health Sciences (all programmes); Bachelor of Architecture; Bachelor of Audiology, Bachelor of Speech-Language Pathology; BA Film and TV close on30 June 2023
- All other University programmes close on30 September 2023
- Residence applications:30 September 2023
- WITS requires the NBT to be written by13 August 2023
WITS University Application Fee 2024-2025
The online application fee for South African citizens is R100, and it is R700 for foreign applicants who wish to enrol at WITS University for the 2024 academic term. Fee for international and postgraduate South African applicants: R200. Payments must be received in advance of the deadlines. Please be aware that the application fee you paid is non-refundable, regardless of whether you decide not to attend WITS University or whether you do not satisfy the entry requirements for admission to your desired degree program.
WITS Application Online 2024-2025
WITS University Online Application for 2024 is very simple to go by. Follow the steps outlined below:
- visit www.wits.ac.za, the WITS webpage.
- At the top menu of the website, select the “Study at Wits” tab.
- Determine what level of education (undergraduate or graduate) you prefer.
- To access the web application portal, click the link that says “Apply Online.”
- If you are a new applicant, establish a WITS Temporary ID if you don’t already have one, then begin the online application.
- Login into your account by entering your temporary ID and your generated password.
- Complete the online application form as requested, providing all the essential information.
Filling out and submitting your application will be reviewed.
- The university will send you an email to acknowledge receipt of your registration.
Currently, Enrolled WITS Students should apply online via the Student Self Service Portalhttps://self-service.wits.ac.za
WITS University Application Status 2024-2025
You will receive a confirmation message via SMS or email to verify the status of your application after your online registration for admission to WIST University in 2024 has been reviewed and approved. Follow the procedures below to check the status of your WITS application for 2024:
- Go to Student Self Service Portal: https://self-service.wits.ac.za
- Enter your Student/Person Number and Password
- When the portal opens, click on the “Student Centre”
- After that, you click on the “Admission” tab
- Then, click “View Academic Application Status”
WITS University Admission Requirements 2024-2025
Applicants meeting the minimum admission requirements at the University of the Witwatersrand do not guarantee a place. There is a final selection on the subject to the availability of places, academic results and other entry requirements where applicable.
The minimum legislative requirements for admission to a bachelor’s degree include the achievement of:
- Three (3) fundamental subjects between 60 – 69% (3) (including English as the language of learning and teaching at Wits)
- Three (3) vocational subjects from the designated list between 70 – 79% (4).
- English must be taken either as Home Language or as 1st Additional Language.
- Mathematics is compulsory for all numerate programmes in Engineering and the Built Environment, Commerce, Law and Management, and Science.
- Maths Literacy is accepted for some degrees
WITS University Fees
New and returning S Feesouth African residents, SA permanent residence permit holders and refugee permit holders, are required to make the first payment of R9340 on their fees account prior to registration at theUniversity.
WITS University Fees Payment Refundable
The first fee payment is not refundable if you subsequently cancel your registration
WITS University Bursaries/ scholarships
Financial Aid and Scholarships Administration
The Wits Financial Aid & Scholarships Office (FASO) administers funds on behalf of the University, donors and sponsors. The office also provides information and advice on student funding.
WITS University Faculties
- Commerce, Law and Management
- Engineering and the Built Environment
- Health Sciences
WITS University Courses
- Business Sciences
- Economics and Finance
- Wits Business School
- Wits School of Governance
- Architecture and Planning
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Chemical & Metallurgical Engineering
- Construction Economics & Management
- Electrical & Information Engineering
- Mechanical, Industrial & Aeronautical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Anatomical Sciences
- Clinical Medicine
- Oral Health Sciences
- Public Health
- Therapeutic Sciences
- Wits School of Arts
- Wits School of Education
- Human and Community Development
- Literature, Language and Media
- Social Sciences
- Animal, Plant and Environmental Sciences
- Computer Science and Applied Mathematics
- Geography, Archaeology and Environmental Sciences
- Molecular and Cell Biology
- Statistics and Actuarial Science
WITS University Accommodation
Campus Housing and Residence Life (CHRL) is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the University’s residence programmes, including accommodation and meals, and the provision of recreational facilities and programmes for the improved academic performance and the holistic development of students within a residential environment.
NB: Applications are done online and not directly at the residences.
WITS University Contact Details
Monday to Friday
8am – 4.30pm
University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg | Private Bag 3 | Wits 2050 | South Africa
Wits Central Switchboard
Tel: +27 (0)11 717-1000