University of the Western Cape (UWC) Online Application 2024-2025
UWC Online Application 2024-2025: University of the Western Cape Online Application 2024-2025 dates status form
The University of the Western Cape (UWC) Online Application for the 2024-2025 Academic year will be open on 1 April 2023 to 30 September 2023. So, all prospective students planning to study at UWC for undergraduate or postgraduate programmes must submit an online application via www.uwc.ac.za online application portal login 2024 before the closing date or deadline. Please, remember to apply on time because UWC may not accept late applications or walk-Ins for 2024.
UWC Application Dates for 2024-2025
The University of the Western Cape, UWC application dates and deadlines for 2024 are listed below. Applicants are encouraged to submit their online application on time during the prescribed application period to avoid late applications.
- UWC Online Application system for 2024 will be active on 1 April 2024 for all programmes
- Undergraduate applications for 2024 will close on 30 September 2023
- Bachelor of Dentistry and Oral Health as well as School of Government postgraduate degree applications close on 31 August 2023.
- BA Honours Sports Recreation and Exercise Science, BA Honours in Biokinetics and BSC Honours Biokinetics close on 31 July 2023.
- All other applicants will receive an outcome or results by the end of November 2023
- Those awaiting final results for 2023 will receive final outcomes in January 2024
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: UCT Application Dates For 2024-2025
Important Information Regarding UWC Online Application 2024-2025
- All applicants planning to study at UWC must have a valid email address to be able to apply online for 2024.
- All communication from the University in regard to your application will be sent via email.
- If you don’t have a valid email address you can create an email account using Gmail, Yahoo Mail or any other email provider you may prefer.
- If you are a person with a disability, make sure that you have completed that section fully in the online form to allow UWC to make contact with you in case you need help.
- In case you have any questions related to disability support at the University, contact the Office for Students with Disabilities at firstname.lastname@example.org or at +27 21 959 4170.
- Applicants who applied for study at UWC and wish to apply for UWC RESIDENCE must submit an online application, click here to apply for UWC Residence.
- Residence placement is limited and not all applicants can be accommodated.
- Selection will only be done from those applicants who are made offers of study by the University based on placement criteria and availability of space (not all applicants who have been made an offer to study can be accommodated).
- For any residence enquiries, you can contact +27 21 959 2569 or email@example.com.
READ ALSO: UCT Online Application 2024-2025
How to Apply UWC Online Application Portal 2024-2025
The University of the Western Cape, UWC Online Application for 2024 process form is very simple and accurate. The online system has been design in such a way that when you make any mistake, you will be prompted to correct or make changes to wrong details helping you to make sure you include all vital information when submitting your online application form.
To Apply Online at UWC for 2024, follow the step-by-step procedure below:
- Go to the UWC website: www.uwc.ac.za apply for 2024
- Click on the “Apply Now” tab at the top menu of the page
- Read the application information very carefully before you proceed
- Then, Click on “Applying to UWC” and click “Apply Online”
- This takes you to the “UWC Student Portal”. Read all details very carefully
- If you are applying for the first time, click “New Application”
- If you are returning to complete or correct your application, click “Edit Application”
- When you click “New Application”, you will be required to accept or decline UWC terms
- Then, click on the “Accept terms” button to move to the next step of the application process
- Complete the online application form by entering your “Application Details”
- If you are UWC Student, enter your student number to proceed
- After providing all the requested details, click on the “Submit” button to send your application for review
University of the Western Cape (UWC) Application Fee 2024-2025
NO online application fee is required by an applicant when submitting an online application for admission to study at the University of the Western Cape (UCT).
If you want your application to be accepted, you must successfully complete the online application form as well as submit all the required supporting documents.
How to Check UWC Online Application Status 2024-2025
After the University of the Western Cape (UWC) has finally approved your application, you will be sent an SMS or email message to check your application status and ACCEPT or DECLINE if an offer has been made within 3 days.
To check the UWC status for the 2024 application, follow the steps below:
- Visit https://student.uwc.ac.za
- Click on the “APPLICATION STATUS tab”
- Enter your South African ID Number or Passport Number
- Type your “Application Number”
- Enter your Email Address
- Then, click on the “Submit” button to check UWC Application Status 2024.
ALSO READ: UKZN Status Check 2024-2025
University of the Western Cape (UWC) Admission Requirements 2024-2025
The UWC Admission entry requirements are the minimum academic standards the University requires from an applicant in order to consider you for entry into one of our degree programmes. Meeting the academic requirements does not guarantee you a place but will be based on the number of places available. Below are the minimum admission requirements to study at UWC for 2024
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC) as certified by Umalusi with an achievement rating of 4 (Adequate achievement, 50-59%) for a Bachelor’s Degree
- A National Senior Certificate as certified by Umalusi with an achievement rating of 3 (moderate Achievement, 40-49%) for a Diploma
- A National Senior Certificate as certified by Umalusi for Higher Certificate
- Either English home language or English first additional language
For full details of Admission requirements, Click HERE
Documents Needed for UWC Online Application 2024-2025
If you have written the NSC examination already, you need to submit the following:
- Have a Certified copy of your NSC certificate or Senior Certificate
- A Certified copy of your identification document
- Provide Proof of any studies with academic records, if applicable, you may have completed
- Proof that you are currently improving your NSC results if applicable
- In an affidavit a brief description of activities post-matric/NSC
If you are applying from another institution of higher learning you need to submit certified copies of the following:
- NSC Certificate or Senior Certificate
- Identification document
- Certificate of good conduct from your institution
- Official Academic Transcript
- Module content / Yearbook descriptor from your institution for all modules completed
- Degree certificate (if applicable)
- A Certified copy of your passport
- You need to submit your final school results to Universities South Africa (USAf) for an evaluation
- A confirmation letter issued by USAf stating that you qualify to study at a South African University
Post Graduate students
- Certified copy of identification document
- Certified copy of Passport (International Applicants only)
- Certified copies of degree certificates (All applicants)
- Official Academic Transcripts/record of results (All applicants)
- SAQA Evaluation Certificate (International Applicants only)
- Short Curriculum Vitae (CV) (All applicants)
- One-page letter of motivation (All applicants)
- Short research intention (Master and Doctoral applicants only)
For more details, visit https://www.uwc.ac.za/admission-and-financial-aid/apply