Westville Campus Durban
ukzn application, Westville Campus Durban
One of the University of KwaZulu-five Natal’s campuses is the Westville Campus (UKZN). The school is located in the neighbourhood of Westville, Durban, South Africa. It has grown since its establishment in 1972 to rank among the largest and busiest sites at the institution. For students’ social and academic needs, the campus is furnished with a range of modern amenities, including lecture rooms, labs, computer labs, libraries, sports facilities, and dorms. Student startups and innovators can get help and resources from the Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation. The campus currently provides programs in the humanities, social sciences, law, business, engineering, and health sciences. The Westville Center is open to students from all over the world and various parts of South Africa. The campus also hosts a variety of social and cultural activities throughout the year, including music festivals, sporting events, and cultural celebrations. Students can take advantage of excellent academic and extracurricular possibilities at the UKZN Westville Campus in a welcoming and active learning environment. Continue reading;
Westville Campus Durban Courses
The campus currently offers programmes in
- Commerce and Management,
- Social Sciences and Health Sciences.
- Commerce and Management disciplines
- Health Sciences.
Westville Campus Durban Residences
On-campus residences that accommodate 1810 students :
- S-Block-self catering
- R-Block-self catering
- P-Block-self catering
- O-Block (ladies only and not self-catering)
Off-campus residences – accommodating 713 students in fully furnished rooms :
- Bedford Hall and San Sabil – Hospital Road
- Dunstaple Heights – Varsity drive
- Santa Cruz (only for postgraduates) – Reservoir Hills.
Westville Campus Durban Facilities at Residence
- access control
- television rooms
- parking space
- Facilities to buy meals – only at O block
UKZN Westville Campus Sports Facilities
This campus has impressive indoor and outdoor facilities.
- Athletics, aerobics, badminton, basketball, boxing,
- Ballroom dancing, chess, cricket,
- Gymnastics, golf, karate, netball, soccer,
- Jogging areas.
- Modern indoor sports complex
- Olympic-size swimming pool.
- Softball, squash, swimming, table tennis,
- Tennis and squash courts,
- Volleyball and weightlifting/bodybuilding
Westville Campus Durban Application Online
- the University of KwaZulu-Natal (UKZN) online in 2024, take the following actions:
- Go to the UKZN website and select “Apply” from the top menu.
- Depending on your level of study, click “Undergraduate Applications” or “Postgraduate Applications.”
- Take the time to carefully review the guidelines and requirements for the application.
To begin your application, click the “Apply Online” option.
- By entering your contact information and email address, you may create an account.
- Fill out the online application form completely, including the fields for your academic background, contact information, and personal data.
- Upload any necessary supplementary materials, such as IDs and passports or academic transcripts.
- Pay the application fee online using a credit/debit card or e-wallet.
- Submit your application and wait for a response from UKZN.
Needed Documents for Westville Campus Durban
All prospective applicants should remember to upload the following documents (where applicable)
- Certified copy of your ID/passport.
- Certified copy of your National Senior/Matric Certificate or O/A Levels or relevant school leaving qualification/certificate.
- Proof from Universities South Africa (previously known as HESA), that you qualify for admission to degree studies at South African universities if you are an international applicant.
- Certified copies of your degree certificate(s), academic record, and certificate of conduct, if you attended other universities.
- Proof of English proficiency for International applicants from non-English speaking countries.
- South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) evaluations if the previous qualification(s) was/were obtained at foreign universities (outside South Africa).
- A research proposal/proposed title of the dissertation/thesis if you are applying for a Masters’s Degree or PhD.
- A valid study visa to study in SA if you are an International applicant.
- USAF/SAQA documents are to be uploaded in order to complete your application.
- Ensure to use reference APPN (followed by your student number) when making application fee payments.
Westville Campus Durban Online Application Fee 2024-2025
- A non-refundable online application fee of R210 is payable to UKZN (with a late fee of R420)
- If students apply before 31 October 2023, the CAO application fee is R250.
- If students apply from 1 November 2023 onwards, the CAO application fee is R470.
Contact Westville Campus Durban
Private Bag X54001, Durban, 4000
Tel: +27 (0)31 260 2011/3417/7877