Which Courses Are Not Funded By NSFAS At UFS?
Which Courses Are Not Funded By NSFAS At UFS? UFS bursaries
NSFAS offers financial aid to qualified South Africans pursuing their first undergraduate degree or diploma at a public institution or college. Certain courses, like postgraduate courses, specific certificate or short courses, and courses provided by private universities, could not be covered by NSFAS. For further details on their individual policies and which courses qualify for funding at UFS, it is recommended to read this page.
You must enroll in a course that is financed by NSFAS in order to get NSFAS financing. You won’t receive funding if you sign up for a course not covered by NSFAS. You will need to locate another source of funding and pay your own registration costs if you want to enroll in a course that isn’t covered by NSFAS. Courses not covered by NSFAS include honors programs, postgraduate diplomas in general accounting, university access programs, and university preparation programs, among others. UFS bursaries
Please take note that the following procedures will apply to NSFAS-supported students who have registered for or wish to register for courses that are not financed by NSFAS: UFS bursaries
- To register, students must pay a minimal registration fee.
- If students are registered or open for courses that aren’t sponsored by NSFAS, their NSFAS funding will be canceled or won’t be given.
- If students registered using NSFAS money, their registration will be canceled, and they will be asked to pay the required minimum payment before reregistering.
UFS Opening Date for 2024
The University of The Free State (UFS) Online Application for 2024 opens on 1 April 2023. Find below the details of all application dates and deadlines.
- Applications to study any UFS undergraduate program offered on the Bloemfontein and Qwaqwa Campuses in 2024 open on 1 April 2023
- Applications to study any Access Programme (AP) offered on the South Campus and the sub-regions in 2024 open on 1 July 2023
Required Supporting Documents for UFS Online Application 2024
Upload copies of the following supporting documents when you apply for undergraduate studies:
- A copy of your ID if you are a South African citizen
- Your passport if you are an international student
- Your parent’s ID or passport if you are younger than 18
- Your final Grade 11 results with the school’s stamp
- National Senior Certificate (NSC) or Grade 12 IEB certificate if you have already matriculated
- Your academic record, only if you are/were a student at another institution of higher learning
- USAf accreditation from the examination board for South African universities.
The University of the Free State, UFS Admission Requirements 2024
For degree studies at the University of the Free State, you are expected to:
- you have an NSC or NCV with an endorsement that allows entrance to degree studies (Bachelor’s degree) or an equivalent
- you meet all the minimum admission requirements for the program you intend to study.
- you have a minimum level of 4 (50%) in English Home Language or English First Additional Language
- you must pass certain school subjects with a minimum level of achievement in order to take a certain university module
- you must get a mark of 70% for Mathematics in Grade 12 if you plan to study BSc majoring in Physics with Engineering subjects.
How to Apply to UFS Online Application Form 2024 PDF
The University of Free State, UFS Online Application 2024 is very easy. To use the online application form, follow the simple steps below:
- Go to the UFS Online Application portal: https://apply.ufs.ac.za-2024
- Read the online application instruction very carefully before you proceed
- Each prospective student must complete the online application.
- If you are an existing Applicant, enter your email address for the initial registration email to be resent
- Applicants with existing UFS Student Number should click on “Start NEW Application” to continue
- Verify your personal details and click “Next”
- Make sure that you complete the application properly and attach all the required documents.
- Submit your application for evaluation