WITS Application Online 2024-2025
When to apply at Wits for 2024, WITS Application Online 2024-2025
The University of the Witwatersrand, commonly referred to as Wits, is a prestigious research-intensive university located in Johannesburg, South Africa.. The University of the Witwatersrand (WITS) Online Application for 2024-2025 will open on 1 March 2023 and close on 30 September 2023 for all other WITS University programmes. Therefore, prospective candidates who wish to study at WITS University for the 2024-2025 academic year must submit an online application at www, wits.ac.za online application 2024 portal before the closing date or deadline. Remember, WITS University will not accept any late applications for 2024 so apply on time when the application window opens. WITS University offers undergraduate degrees and postgraduate degrees and diplomas, as well as a wide range of short courses and part-time and online offerings. The University of the Witwatersrand is a highly selective institution, and the application process is competitive. Therefore, applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as early as possible and ensure that they meet all the admission requirements for their chosen program. The University of the Witwatersrand is a highly selective institution, and the application process is competitive. Therefore, applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as early as possible and ensure that they meet all the admission requirements for their chosen program.
WITS Application Dates for 2024-2025
The University of the Witwatersrand (WITS) Applications for 2024 will commence on 1 March 2023 for all programmes.
WITS Closing dates for 2024
- Faculty of Health Sciences (all programmes); Bachelor of Architecture; Bachelor of Audiology, Bachelor of Speech-Language Pathology; BA Film and TV close on 30 June 2023
- All other University programmes close on 30 September 2023
- Residence applications: 30 September 2023
- WITS requires the NBT to be written by 13 August 2023
WITS University Application Fee 2024-2025
The online application fee for South African citizens is R100, and it is R700 for foreign applicants who wish to enroll at WITS University for the 2024 academic term. Fee for international and postgraduate South African applicants: R200. Payments must be received in advance of the deadlines. Please be aware that the application fee you paid is non-refundable, regardless of whether you decide not to attend WITS University or whether you do not satisfy the entry requirements for admission to your desired degree program.
WITS Application Online 2024-2025
WITS University Online Application for 2024 is very simple to go by. Follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to the WITS website at www.wits.ac.za
- Click on the “Study at Wits” tab at the top menu of the page
- Choose what you want to study (undergraduate/postgraduate)
- Click on the “Apply Online” link to the online application portal
- If you are a New Applicant, create WITS Temporary ID if you don’t have
- Start the online application with your WITS Temporary ID
- Enter your Temporary ID and the Password you created and Sign into your account
- Fill out the online application form with all the necessary details as requested
- Complete and submit your application for evaluation.
- You will receive an email from the University acknowledging receipt of your application
Currently, Enrolled WITS Students should apply online via the Student Self Service Portal https://self-service.wits.ac.za
WITS University Application Status 2024-2025
You will receive a confirmation message via SMS or email to verify the status of your application after your online registration for admission to WIST University in 2024 has been reviewed and approved. Follow the procedures below to check the status of your WITS application for 2024:
- Go to Student Self Service Portal: https://self-service.wits.ac.za
- Enter your Student/Person Number and Password
- When the portal opens, click on the “Student Centre”
- After that, you click on the “Admission” tab
- Then, click “View Academic Application Status”
WITS University Admission Requirements 2024-2025
Applicants meeting the minimum admission requirements at the University of the Witwatersrand do not guarantee a place. There is a final selection on the subject to the availability of places, academic results and other entry requirements where applicable.
The minimum legislative requirements for admission to a bachelor’s degree include the achievement of:
- Three (3) fundamental subjects between 60 – 69% (3) (including English as the language of learning and teaching at Wits)
- Three (3) vocational subjects from the designated list between 70 – 79% (4).
- English must be taken either as Home Language or as 1st Additional Language.
- Mathematics is compulsory for all numerate programmes in Engineering and the Built Environment, Commerce, Law and Management, and Science.
- Maths Literacy is accepted for some degrees
WITS University Fees
New and returning S Feesouth African residents, SA permanent residence permit holders and refugee permit holders, are required to make the first payment of R9340 on their fees account prior to registration at the University.
WITS University Fees Payment Refundable
The first fee payment is not refundable if you subsequently cancel your registration
WITS University Bursaries/ scholaships
Financial Aid and Scholarships Administration
The Wits Financial Aid & Scholarships Office (FASO) administers funds on behalf of the University, donors and sponsors. The office also provides information and advice on student funding.
WITS University Faculties
- Commerce, Law and Management
- Engineering and the Built Environment
- Health Sciences
WITS University Courses
- Business Sciences
- Economics and Finance
- Wits Business School
- Wits School of Governance
- Architecture and Planning
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Chemical & Metallurgical Engineering
- Construction Economics & Management
- Electrical & Information Engineering
- Mechanical, Industrial & Aeronautical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Anatomical Sciences
- Clinical Medicine
- Oral Health Sciences
- Public Health
- Therapeutic Sciences
- Wits School of Arts
- Wits School of Education
- Human and Community Development
- Literature, Language and Media
- Social Sciences
- Animal, Plant and Environmental Sciences
- Computer Science and Applied Mathematics
- Geography, Archaeology and Environmental Sciences
- Molecular and Cell Biology
- Statistics and Actuarial Science
WITS University Accommodation
Campus Housing and Residence Life (CHRL) is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the University’s residence programmes, including accommodation and meals, and the provision of recreational facilities and programmes for the improved academic performance and the holistic development of students within a residential environment.
NB: Applications are done online and not directly at the residences.
WITS University Contact Details
Monday to Friday
8am – 4.30pm
University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg | Private Bag 3 | Wits 2050 | South Africa
Wits Central Switchboard
Tel: +27 (0)11 717-1000