WITS Online Applications 2024-2025
When can I apply for University 2024, WITS Online Applications 2024-2025
The University of the Witwatersrand, also known as Wits, is a renowned institution with a focus on study and is situated in Johannesburg, South Africa. For all other WITS University programs, the University of the Witwatersrand (WITS) Online Application for 2024–2025 will go live on 1 March 2023 and conclude on 30 September 2023. As a result, potential applicants who wish to enrol at WITS University for the 2024–2025 academic year must submit an online application through the 2024 portal at www.wits.ac.za before the deadline. Apply as soon as the application window begins, but keep in mind that WITS University will not accept any late applications for 2024. WITS University provides a variety of short courses, part-time and online programs, undergraduate and graduate degrees, and diplomas. The University of the Witwatersrand has a competitive admissions procedure because it is a highly selective institution. As a result, candidates are advised to submit their applications as early as feasible and to confirm that they are in compliance with all program-specific admission requirements. The University of the Witwatersrand has a competitive admissions procedure because it is a highly selective institution. As a result, candidates are advised to submit their applications as early as feasible and to confirm that they are in compliance with all program-specific admission requirements.
WITS Application Dates for 2024-2025
The University of the Witwatersrand (WITS) Applications for 2024 will commence on1 March 2023for all programmes.
WITSClosing datesfor 2024
- Faculty of Health Sciences (all programmes); Bachelor of Architecture; Bachelor of Audiology, Bachelor of Speech-Language Pathology; BA Film and TV close on30 June 2023
- All other University programmes close on30 September 2023
- Residence applications:30 September 2023
- WITS requires the NBT to be written by13 August 2023
WITS University Application Fee 2024-2025
For those South African citizens who want to enrol in WITS University for the 2024 academic year, the online application fee is R100; for those who are not citizens of South Africa, the charge is R700. R200 application fee for postgraduate South African candidates and those from abroad. Before the dates, payments must be made. Please be aware that the application fee you paid is non-refundable, whether you decide not to enrol at WITS University or whether you do not meet the entrance criteria for admittance to your desired degree program.
WITS Online Applications 2024-2025
WITS University Online Application for 2024 is very simple to go by. Follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to the WITS website at www.wits.ac.za
- Click on the “Study at Wits” tab at the top menu of the page
- Choose what you want to study (undergraduate/postgraduate)
- Click on the “Apply Online” link to the online application portal
- If you are a New Applicant, create WITS Temporary ID if you don’t have
- Start the online application with your WITS Temporary ID
- Enter your Temporary ID and the Password you created and Sign in to your account
- Fill out the online application form with all the necessary details as requested
- Complete and submit your application for evaluation.
- You will receive an email from the University acknowledging receipt of your application
Currently, Enrolled WITS Students should apply online via the Student Self-Service Portal https://self-service.wits.ac.za
WITS University Application Status 2024-2025
You will receive a confirmation message via SMS or email to verify the status of your application after your online registration for admission to WIST University in 2024 has been reviewed and approved. Follow the procedures below to check the status of your WITS application for 2024:
- Go to Student Self-Service Portal: https://self-service.wits.ac.za
- Enter your Student/Person Number and Password
- When the portal opens, click on the “Student Centre”
- After that, you click on the “Admission” tab
- Then, click “View Academic Application Status”
WITS University Admission Requirements 2024-2025
Applicants meeting the minimum admission requirements at the University of the Witwatersrand do not guarantee a place. There is a final selection on the subject to the availability of places, academic results and other entry requirements where applicable.
The minimum legislative requirements for admission to a bachelor’s degree include the achievement of:
- Three (3) fundamental subjects between 60 – 69% (3) (including English as the language of learning and teaching at Wits)
- Three (3) vocational subjects from the designated list between 70 – 79% (4).
- English must be taken either as Home Language or as 1st Additional Language.
- Mathematics is compulsory for all numerate programmes in Engineering and the Built Environment, Commerce, Law and Management, and Science.
- Maths Literacy is accepted for some degrees
WITS University Fees
New and returning S Feesouth African residents, SA permanent residence permit holders and refugee permit holders, are required to make the first payment of R9340 on their fees account prior to registration at theUniversity.
WITS University Fees Payment Refundable
The first fee payment is not refundable if you subsequently cancel your registration
WITS University Bursaries/ scholarships
Financial Aid and Scholarships Administration
The Wits Financial Aid & Scholarships Office (FASO) administers funds on behalf of the University, donors and sponsors. The office also provides information and advice on student funding.
WITS University Faculties
- Commerce, Law and Management
- Engineering and the Built Environment
- Health Sciences
WITS University Courses
- Business Sciences
- Economics and Finance
- Wits Business School
- Wits School of Governance
- Architecture and Planning
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Chemical & Metallurgical Engineering
- Construction Economics & Management
- Electrical & Information Engineering
- Mechanical, Industrial & Aeronautical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Anatomical Sciences
- Clinical Medicine
- Oral Health Sciences
- Public Health
- Therapeutic Sciences
- Wits School of Arts
- Wits School of Education
- Human and Community Development
- Literature, Language and Media
- Social Sciences
- Animal, Plant and Environmental Sciences
- Computer Science and Applied Mathematics
- Geography, Archaeology and Environmental Sciences
- Molecular and Cell Biology
- Statistics and Actuarial Science
WITS University Accommodation
Campus Housing and Residence Life (CHRL) is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the University’s residence programmes, including accommodation and meals, and the provision of recreational facilities and programmes for the improved academic performance and the holistic development of students within a residential environment.
NB: Applications are done online and not directly at the residences.
WITS University Contact Details
Monday to Friday
8 am – 4.30 pm
University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg | Private Bag 3 | Wits 2050 | South Africa
Wits Central Switchboard
Tel: +27 (0)11 717-1000